Membership in the American Astronautical Society provides access to a respected forum for presenting new ideas and supporting ongoing programs in the space industry. Several types of memberships are available, including organizational memberships (see below). As an added benefit, all members are automatically eligible to join the NASA Federal Credit Union, one of the nation’s best.
Benefits of an Individual AAS Membership include:
- Participation in AAS sponsored local, national and international meetings and events, all of which include unmatched networking opportunities.
- Online access to the highly respected professional publication, The Journal of the Astronautical Sciences.
- Online subscription to the informative, thought-provoking AAS magazine, Space Times.
- Automatic eligibility to join the NASA Federal Credit Union, including family members.
- Reduced registration fees for all AAS-sponsored events.
- Discounts on purchases of AAS books, proceedings and technical publications.
- Advance notice of space-related events and activities.
- An opportunity to stimulate the imaginations and space interests of our children, the next generation of space professionals.
- *New* Monthly Newsletter – Member’s Corner
Individual Membership Levels and Rates:
- Regular membership: $100
- Senior membership: $125 – For persons who have been engaged in professional work in any of the scientific fields related to astronautics and have not less than ten years’ experience in that field. This membership category is self-selected and signifies a high level of expertise on the part of the member.
- AAS Fellow membership (must be nominated): $135
- Retired membership (includes retired Fellows): $50 – For persons over 60 years of age and retired from his/her profession. The annual fee for a retired member is $50. (Exceptions to the age restriction are handled on a case-by-case basis.)
- Teacher membership (K-12): $45 – Must upload credentials during application process
- Student membership (full-time students): $45 – Must upload credentials during application process