Call for Abstracts: the von Braun Space Exploration Student Poster Contest
The American Astronautical Society is pleased to announce the Student Poster Contest to be held at the 2023 von Braun Space Exploration Symposium on October 25-27 at the University of Alabama Huntsville!
We are releasing this Call for Abstracts for student design and research projects that show an explicit connection to aerospace systems. This competition is open to any individual or group projects of ongoing or completed work from students currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs from a higher learning institution.
About the Event:
The Advancing Space: From Leo to Lunar and Beyond – The 16th Annual von Braun Space Exploration Symposium brings together high-ranking government officials, industry executives, academia, and others from the aerospace community. The event is organized by AAS in collaboration with UAH and NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. Highlights of this year’s event includes plenty of networking opportunities with esteemed aerospace professionals, a Keynote with NASA Administrator Bill Nelson, and student-specific programming including this poster contest.
- Abstracts should be a summary of the focus of the project no more than 250 words.
- Due by 11:59pm EST on September 22nd, 2023.
- Two Categories: Engineering/Physical Sciences and Liberal Sciences
- Two Divisions: Undergraduate and Graduate
- Posters should cover student work either currently in process, work completed in Summer 2023, or work completed during the 2022-23 Academic Year.
- AAS is offering the opportunity for one of the best poster winners to present their work in a project paper format at the International Astronautical Congress (IAC) in Milan, Italy (14-18 October 2024).
For full information on the student poster contest, and how to properly submit abstracts, read this document.
Submit your abstract here by September 22nd.