EVENTS AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Growing and evolving but well-established space industry society needs an energetic, creative, team player to help us build on our strengths, fix our weaknesses, and take on new challenges. A unique minimal experience or entry level opportunity! Attention to detail with excellent writing and verbal communications skills with an ability to work well in a small staff, team-oriented environment. Candidate must demonstrate initiative, a desire to grow and learn, and take ownership over their assigned project areas. Willingness and ability to perform a variety of tasks or “wear many hats”; small staff means we all do whatever it takes. It’s not rocket science, but it IS the rocket science industry! Join us as we explore space!
– Meetings and Events:
- Assist with the management and coordination of multiple society meetings, conferences, and expositions
- Assist with on-site registration and event logistics and set-up
- Assist with speaker management
- Support event registration needs, including receiving and responding to registration inquiries
- Prepare and pack materials for meetings and organize pre-event meetings for staff
- Support member communications including creating content for website, publications and emails, membership retention activities and assisting in special projects as assigned
- Develop, review and implement member engagement communications, including email, social media and presentations.
- Assist in the updating of the AAS website on an ongoing basis, with focus on event and news pages.
- Assist in the management of email list functionality and helps implement email campaigns
- Answer phone calls to the main AAS line, including answering inquiries, directing callers to the appropriate persons or resources, and helping to resolve constituent challenges.
- Respond to general emails in a timely manner to enhance the member experience, and serve as backup to other email inboxes, as needed.
- Maintain membership related data by adding/updating CRM.
- Make outbound calls for follow-up and to support member success.
Assume other responsibilities, as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong telephone etiquette skills
- Strong customer service orientation, with the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend customer issues/needs and recommend solutions
- Proficient in social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Linked-in, Instagram, etc.)
- Effective organizational, multitasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be an excellent team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and move projects ahead efficiently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfort working in databases
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and physically capable of arranging rooms for events
- Ability to travel 3-5 times per year (4-7 days per trip)
- Entry level to two years of experience. One to two years association or non-profit experience is preferred. New college graduates with an exceptional academic record and relevant intern experience are welcome to apply.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s (four-year) degree
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
Reports to: Executive Director
HOW TO APPLY: Email your resume and contact information to us.